Call for proposals: Fundraising support consultancy under Project CSO-LA/2018/401-870
Eurodad is looking for a consultant supporting Eurodad in the assessment of its current fundraising systems including division of labour and funding pipeline, in order to strengthen the long-term financial sustainability of the secretariat and the wider network.
Deadline: Tuesday 2 November 2021 at 23h59 CET.
Deadline for completion of the Consultancy: End of January 2022
The consultancy is needed to support Eurodad in the assessment of its current fundraising systems including division of labour and funding pipeline, in order to strengthen the long-term financial sustainability of the secretariat and the wider network. Current challenges include lack of staff time capacity for (pro-active) fundraising and grant writing and a rapidly growing team.
- Main: Eurodad’s funding pipeline has been assessed and an example of a pro-active fundraising plan has been elaborated for one or two top priority potential funders.
- Subsidiary 1: Resources needed to do pro-active fundraising for maintaining the secretariat at its current capacity have been realistically assessed and a proposal put forward to Eurodad Management team and board for consideration.
- Subsidiary 2: A list of potential processes and actions that could support network members with fundraising within the mandate of Eurodad’s secretariat have been put forward for further discussion and consideration.
The successful consultant will assist the Eurodad Secretariat to assess current fundraising systems and provide suggestions for improvement with a focus on:
- systems for proactive fundraising
- staff capacity needed to support proactive fundraising and grant writing,
- the pipeline (assessment of target funders) and
- systems and actions to support the network members’ capacities to strengthen collective financial resilience.
They will provide Eurodad with feedback on current fundraising systems and how they could be improved and will propose possible next steps in a structured action plan that is realistic, achievable and time-bound (ending 2023). Guidelines for taking on new projects will be updated with input from the consultant.
- Consultant has inception meeting with Eurodad Director and Head of Operations
- Consultant reviews current fundraising systems in place (kick off meeting with Head of Operations & document review)
- Consultant reviews current funding target pipeline (target donors) and provides feedback on prioritisation & any missing target donors
- Consultant develops pro-active fundraising plan for one or two priority target donors
- Consultant supports Eurodad Director & Head of Operations in developing an action plan for proposal to the Management Team & Eurodad Board.
Timeframe & budget
Duration of the consultancy: from November 2021 to January 2022. The consultant will be selected and hired by the beginning of November 2021 and the consultancy work will start soon after. Between 12 and 15 days including preparatory work (reading documents and inception meeting).
Max 13.500 EUR (VAT included) budgeted for this assignment. Approximately 10-15 days of work.
In order to be considered for this contract, consultants should: - provide a proposal outlining:
approach and methodology applied (one paragraph is sufficient)
the consultants experience with similar consultancies & Eurodad’s target funders (testimonials and references should be provided where possible)
the proposed number of days and daily rate for the services required as outlined in this TOR
provide a CV or equivalent of the consultant or team of consultants responsible for this assignment
All proposals need to be received by Tuesday October 2nd midnight. All proposals will be assessed considering value for money, specific experience relevant to the context outlined in these TOR and the methodology proposed. The consultant will be selected and hired at the latest by November 3rd 2021.
Antonia Vorner, Eurodad’s Head of Operations, will be the main point of contact. Her email is [email protected]. All offers are to be sent electronically, with cc to [email protected].
The European Network on Debt and Development (Eurodad) is a network of 60 civil society organisations (CSOs) in 29 European countries, advocating for democratically-controlled, gender-just and human rights-based financial and economic systems. With an excellent track-record in achieving change, Eurodad is a progressive and open-minded employer, mindful of the well-being of its employees.
Eurodad is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all position without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. We strongly encourage persons with disabilities to apply.