An economic future for whom? The Cascade/ MFD and recovery
Amid the pandemic, public debt burdens and constrained fiscal space, this session will tackle the roles of WBG private finance-driven interventions in economic 'restructuring' and 'recovery'. It will discuss coherence of the Cascade/ MFD approach with climate imperatives and inclusion; current country lessons; and recommendations for a transformative, people-centred, sustainable development.
This panel is organised as part of the Civil Society Policy Forum by:
AFRODAD; Eurodad; IBON; IPMSDL; Bretton Woods Project; The Reality of Aid Network; SID
- Jason Braganza, Executive Director, African Forum and Network on Debt and Development
- Beverly Longid - Global Coordinator, International Indigenous Peoples Movement for Self-Determination and Liberation
- Henry Morales - Executive Director, Reality of Aid Network / Latin American Network for Economic and Social Justice
- María José Romero - Policy and Advocacy Manager, Eurodad
- Jennier del Rosario-Malonzo - Deputy Director, IBON International
- Joergen Frotzler - World Bank Group Alternate Executive Director representing Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, and Sweden
This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.