Call for proposals - Strengthening the Eurodad network
|Third Party financing under CSO-LA/2018/401-870|
What is this call for proposals about?
This call for proposals aims at strengthening the capacity of the European Network on Debt and Development (Eurodad) for coordinated actions at global, regional and/or national levels in support of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It is targeted at organisations interested in joining the Eurodad network to kick-start work on at least one of Eurodad’s issue-areas. This will allow them to engage more proactively with the network, with a view to become an active ally or a member. Organisations receiving financial support as a result of this call for proposals are indeed expected to formally join the Eurodad network as member or active ally before the end of their grant.
Read the full call for proposals here.
The expected results are that the grantees, which have to become Eurodad’s new members or active allies, work to advance the objective of at least one common strategy, and take part in at least 10 joint advocacy activities across Europe based on common objectives.
This grant targets organisations based in EU member countries where Eurodad currently has no member - Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Portugal, Malta, Slovakia, Romania, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as Poland.
In this first phase, the applicants will be invited to present a concept note using the online template provided :
- An overall budget estimation between 20.000 and 60.000 €, with 20% co-funding (no in-kind, voluntary work allowed) requirement*
The following eligibility criteria will be checked:
- Be a not-for-profit civil society organisation with clearly established governance systems. Legal personality of applicants, is a condition to this grant and to Eurodad membership. Please note that consortium (group of NGOs) applications are not eligible: the applicant must be a single legal entity.
- Have proven capacity in engaging in research, advocacy, communications or campaign activities on a topic related to development finance, tax justice and debt.
- Be based in Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Slovakia, Romania, Latvia or Lithuania.
The following pre-selection criteria will be considered at concept note stage:
- Intention to become a member of Eurodad, compliance with Eurodad membership requirements as stated in Eurodad statutes (link to our Statutes),
- Interest to get involved in Eurodad workstreams (for the description of Eurodad workstreams, please check the annex).
- Preferably a former track record of work with networks, North-South cooperation, with Eurodad and/or its members (supported, if possible, by a reference letter from Eurodad and Eurodad members on former and current track record of common work).
- Financial management capacity and overall budget estimate (no detailed budget is requested at this point of the process).
Date of publication of the call: 5 June 2020
Deadline for submitting questions: 14 July 2020, COB
Deadline for submission of the call extended to 31 July 2020
Length of the grant: 6 months to 18 months. The grant should be completed by the end of June 2022 at the latest.
A Selection Committee will assess all applications and pre-select applications based on the criteria outlined above. In the next stage, pre-selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, including a detailed capacity development plan, a request to formally join the Eurodad network [as either a Member or Ally] and a detailed budget. Pre-selected applicants will be supported by Eurodad members to draft the full proposal. Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback on their applications.
For any questions about this call for proposals please contact Cécilia Gondard cgondard[at]eurodad.org
For those who could not join the call, please find the Q&A here.
Find the link to the form here.