Call for tenders for proofreading/ copyediting (2021-2023)
Eurodad is looking for additional proofreaders and copyeditors working in English to help us to deliver the highest quality outputs to our European and global audiences.
Deadline: 12 November, midnight CET
Eurodad is a network of 60 NGOs across Europe, working on development finance advocacy. Our focus is on strengthening the power of European CSOs, working as part of a global movement to push governments and powerful institutions to adopt transformative changes to the global economic and financial system. More information can be found on our website.
Within the framework of our grants from the European Union and other funders, we are looking for additional proofreaders and copyeditors working in English to help us to deliver the highest quality outputs to our European and global audiences.
For an overview of our publications, see eurodad.org/reports
Objectives and requirements of the contract
- Eurodad is looking to create a pool of experienced English language proofreaders/ copyeditors to help our team of 15 advocacy and policy specialists to produce well-written pieces of research and analysis which resonates with our audiences (CSOs and activitsts, academics, policymakers on a European and global level, journalists).
- We are looking for individuals with demonstrable experience of working with similar organisations and of turning complex jargon into accessible copy. An excellent understanding of technical terminology around development finance is a plus.
- Regular availability throughout the period of this contract – from 2021-2023 – is required.
Outputs for this contract
Eurodad produces around six major reports (20-30 pages), 12 briefings (4-8 pages), 40 blogs (800 words), 25 newsletters and several reports to funders (10-30 pages) per year. On top of that we produce multiple open letters, statements, position papers and other similar outputs.
We would always aim to give as much notice as possible for pieces. However, there are times when we may urgently need shorter pieces to be reviewed so we are looking for some degree of flexibility.
During office hours of working days we would hope to allow for the following timeframes:
- We may ask for some outputs to be produced by the following day, so we are looking for flexibility within reason.
- For a major report we should allow 5 days.
- For a briefing we should allow 2 days.
- For a shorter piece, we would allow 1 day.
We ask that you inform us of holiday periods when they are approaching so we can factor in other proofreaders to help us during this time.
The prices for the tender must be tendered in EUR, inclusive of VAT. Please also consider a reduced price for high volume outputs (reports).
Confidential treatment of source texts for translation
The selected proofreaders must ensure confidential treatment of source texts for translation and deliverable target texts and ensure that all recipients of the texts for translation are aware of the strict application of this principle. They must not distribute or share the content of the documents to third parties before it has been made public by Eurodad.
Duration of the contract: from November 2021 to December 2023.
Bidding procedure and selection criteria
In order to be considered for this contract, proofreaders should:
- provide a proposal outlining:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while delivering timely quality proofs:
- A CV and a list of current contracts
- At least two previous employers’ references
All proposals will be assessed considering value for money, specific experience relevant to the context outlined above. You will also be sent a short editing exercise.
All proposals need to be received by November 12 2021 midnight.
Julia Ravenscroft, Eurodad’s Communications Manager, will be the main point of contact and the proposals should be submitted via email to: jravenscroft[at]eurodad.org. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need any information of clarification in order to prepare your offer.
If you decide to submit a tender to this call, please note that Eurodad will keep your information and offer for at least 10 years as it is legally required as supporting documentation for our donors even if you are not selected for the mission. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website.