Joint Civil Society Letter to the EIB Board of Governors
On June 18, the European Investment Bank's board of governors are convening. Together with 24 other Civil Society Organisations, we are asking the bank to reform. By following the six steps outlined in our open letter, Finance Ministers can transform EIB into a public bank that works for everyone.
To bring the bank onto a sustainable path and enhance its contribution to the transformation of European economy and society in the public interest, CSOs provided 6 key recommendations:
- Deliver on climate commitments and make the EIB a climate leader
- Further democratise the EIB
- Reinforce external scrutiny
- Raise the bar on transparency
- Prioritise the protection and promotion of human rights
- Strengthen due diligence and control over investments
Click here to read the full letter.