Joint Open CSO Advocacy letter: Petersberg Climate Dialogue (PCD) - 6-7 May
For the Petersberg Climate Dialogue this week, Eurodad and 14 other civil society organisations and movements are publishing a letter which we have sent to the convening nations.
We are calling on them to ensure that climate finance adequately contributes to supporting vulnerable communities’ efforts to tackle climate change and develop sustainably, in a post Covid-19 context.
Specifically, we demand:
- Democratic country ownership of climate finance strategies
- Public climate finance in the form of grants
- Greater access to climate finance to minimise debt
- Countries increase finance for adaptation and to address ongoing losses and damages
- Climate finance is gender-responsive.
Click here to read the full letter.