Never let a pandemic go to waste
This webinar will launch a Eurodad/SOAS briefing paper scrutinising the World Bank Group's response to Covid-19 and will use the opportunity to reflect more broadly on WBG strategies, including how they seek to promote a 'Wall Street Consensus' and their implications.
In particular, the webinar explores the risks that the promotion of private finance-led recovery poses for gender equality and sustainable development.
- Ourania Dimakou, SOAS, University of London
- Daniela Gabor, UWE Bristol
- María José Romero, SOAS/ Eurodad
- Crystal Simeoni, NAWI Afrifem Macroeconomics Collective
- Elisa Van Waeyenberge, SOAS, University of London
- Discussant: Luis Vieira, Bretton Woods Project