Never let a pandemic go to waste
14 October 2020
This webinar will launch a Eurodad/SOAS briefing paper scrutinising the World Bank Group's response to Covid-19 and will use the opportunity to reflect more broadly on WBG strategies, including how they seek to promote a 'Wall Street Consensus' and their implications.
In particular, the webinar explores the risks that the promotion of private finance-led recovery poses for gender equality and sustainable development.
Click to re-watch the webinar
- Ourania Dimakou, SOAS, University of London
- Daniela Gabor, UWE Bristol
- María José Romero, SOAS/ Eurodad
- Crystal Simeoni, NAWI Afrifem Macroeconomics Collective
- Elisa Van Waeyenberge, SOAS, University of London
- Discussant: Luis Vieira, Bretton Woods Project
Read the briefing paper
|This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union|