The World Bank’s Development Policy Financing: implications for a just, green and feminist recovery
29 September 2021Register
Development Policy Finance nudges countries towards policy reforms by conditioning budget support on the implementation of prior actions. It is criticised for risking undermining countries’ democratic ownership and for promoting reforms with adverse social and gender impacts.
This panel will discuss these shortcomings in the context of the Covid-19 recovery and suggest ways forward.
- Elaine Zuckerman - Gender Action
- Jon Sward - Bretton Woods Project
- Chiara Mariotti - Eurodad
- Mark Pascual - Reality of Aid
- Hina Aslam - Sustainable Development Policy Institute
- Stephane Guimbert - World Bank
|These events are being produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of these events are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the funders.|