Fiscal space for universal health and social protection post Covid-19 pandemic: How to prevent austerity
In 2020 governments financed emergency care and urgent support to cope with Covid-19. While this short-term expending was necessary, countries must also continue to invest in long-term universal health, social protection systems/floors and other SDGs. The session will explore all the equitable options available to countries to expand fiscal space.
- Isabel Ortiz, Director, Global Social Justice Initiative for Policy Dialogue
- David Archer, Head of Participation and Public Services, ActionAid
- Myria Koutsoumpa, Global Health Advocate, WEMOS
- David Coady (TBC), Division Chief, IMF Expenditure Division, IMF
- Emma Burgisser, Gender Project Manager, Bretton Woods Project (Moderator)
|This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union|