Call for tender for interpretation services
Eurodad is looking to hire an on-demand simultaneous interpretation services company to help our team of 15 advocacy and policy specialists to make their online events accessible to our audiences across the globe.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday January 26th 2022 midnight (CET)
Call for tender for interpretation services – framework contract (2022) under projects N° CSO-LA 2018-870, CSO-LA 2020 420-499, HUM 2019_413_859, N-WEL-2020-0314 & any other Eurodad projects
Eurodad is a network of 60 NGOs across Europe, working on development finance advocacy. Our focus is on strengthening the power of European CSOs, working as part of a global movement to push governments and powerful institutions to adopt transformative changes to the global economic and financial system. More information can be found on our website.
Within the framework of our grants from the European Union and other funders, we are looking for additional proofreaders and copyeditors working in English to help us to deliver the highest quality outputs to our European and global audiences.
For an overview of our past online events, see eurodad.org/events
Objectives and requirements of the contract
- Eurodad is looking to hire an on-demand simultaneous interpretation services company to help our team of 15 advocacy and policy specialists to make their online events accessible to our audiences across the globe (CSOs and activists, academics, policymakers on a European and global level, journalists).
- We are looking for a company with demonstrable experience of working with similar organisations and of interpretation of complex jargon. An excellent understanding of technical terminology around development finance is a plus.
- Experience with online interpretation through Zoom is required.
- Languages required for interpretation: English – French – English, English – Spanish – English, English – Portuguese – English.
- Regular availability throughout the period of this contract for the year 2022 – is required.
Outputs for this contract – expected volume of services
Eurodad holds around fifteen webinars & online training events (1-2 hours) per year. On top of that, we hold global strategy & campaign coordination meetings that sometimes require interpretation services (two to three per year).
We would always aim to give as much notice as possible for events requiring interpretation. However, there are times when we may urgently need availability for ad-hoc coordination meetings, so we are looking for some degree of flexibility.
We ask that you inform us of holiday periods when they are approaching so we can factor in other interpreters to help us during this time if need be.
The prices for the tender
- must be tendered in EUR, inclusive of VAT, quoting price per hour and language.
Confidential treatment of source texts for interpretation
The selected interpretation services company must ensure confidential treatment of source texts that will sometimes be made available for preparation of specific events and ensure that all recipients of the texts for preparation of interpretation are aware of the strict application of this principle. They must not distribute or share the content of the documents to third parties before it has been made public by Eurodad.
Timeframe – Framework contract
Duration of the contract: from January 2022 to December 2022, possibility for an extension of the contract for one additional year (depending on volume of services commissioned).
Bidding procedure and selection criteria
In order to be considered for this contract, proofreaders should:
- provide a proposal outlining:
- Price per language and hour (quoted in EUR, inclusive of VAT)
- Ability to interpret highly technical content:
- A CV and a list of current contracts and
- at least two previous employers’ references
- ideally supported by a video file sample interpretation
All proposals will be assessed considering value for money, specific experience relevant to the context outlined above.
All proposals need to be received by Wednesday 26 January, midnight (CET).
Antonia Vorner, Eurodad’s Head of Operations, will be the main point of contact and the proposals should be submitted via email to: [email protected]. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need any information of clarification in order to prepare your offer.
If you decide to submit an offer, please note that Eurodad will keep your information and offer for at least 10 years as it is legally required as supporting documentation for our donors even if you are not selected for the mission. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website.