Covid-19 and debt: Going beyond debt suspension towards a systemic response to debt crises
Online discussion ,
The Covid-19 pandemic has exacerbated existing debt vulnerabilities and triggered a new debt crisis. Despite the urgency of the situation, the multilateral response has been insufficient, and many challenges remain unaddressed. The session will discuss policy alternatives to address the debt problem in developing countries.
This session is sponsored by Asian Peoples' Movement on Debt and Development (APMDD), LATINDADD, AFRODAD, Debt Justice Norway, Erlassjahr.de, Jubilee USA, Jubilee Debt Campaign, Eurodad, Oxfam, Christian Aid, Society for International Development (SID), Public Eye and Brot für die Welt.
- Yungong Theophilus Jong, Policy analyst, AFRODAD
- H.E. Aubrey Webson, Ambassador of Antigua and Barbuda, AOSIS
- Lidy Nacpil, Regional coordinator, APMDD
- Jeronim Zettelmeyer, Deputy Director SPR, IMF
- Moderator: Iolanda Fresnillo, Senior Policy Officer, Eurodad
|This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union|