Six key points about Greek debt and the forthcoming election
Eurodad member Jubilee Debt Campaign have put together a briefing of six key facts about Greece’s debt ahead of the country's elections on Sunday 25th January.
The six key facts in the briefing are:
- European banks were bailed out, not the people of Greece
- It was clear in 2010 that the Troika programme wouldn’t solve the problem of Greek debt
- Syriza’s proposals to hold a debt conference have a clear precedent
- The 2012 private creditor write-down was a flawed solution
- If Greece defaults, it will not have to leave the Euro
- The way the world deals with debt crises is not working
Read the briefing here.