Call for tender for project website with microsite capabilities
Eurodad is looking for a qualified and skilled website developer to design and build a website that will support the fight for economic justice by civil society activists around the world collaborating on two global projects
Deadline: 10 January 2022, midnight CET
Purpose of the contract
- The ideal developer will be available as soon as possible for implementation and launch, as well as for longer-term maintenance & support. (Please see timeframe below)
- The developer will have an excellent understanding of web design for effective communication
- The ideal developer will have experience building websites for non-profit organisations or networks.
Objectives & desired features
- The website will be:
- An entry-point for those beginning to work on issues related to Financing for Development
- An online repository of resources and findings to support evidence-based advocacy in the project target countries.
- An accessible alternative to in-depth reports and printed materials
- The website will host the findings from this project, including text, photos, GIFs and infographics, PDF files, and multimedia embeds (YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc).
- Content on the main website will be available in English, French and Spanish. The microsite (see below) will need to be available in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- It is imperative that the final website not be dependent on a high-speed Internet connection or PC for full functionality. The site should be fully accessible at lower-connection speeds or via mobile or a mobile-data hotspot in order to be globally accessible.
- Content should be filterable via the use of tags, site navigation or an inbuilt search engine, so that users can quickly identify content which is relevant to their country/ region or language.
- Well attuned SEO, so that the website is visible to third parties searching for relevant information. This will be important for the survival and usability of the website post-project close.
- The final website should be fully accessible. This will mean using screen-reader compatible tags and structure as well as colour-blind friendly colours/ textures
The deadline for proposals is 10 January 2022, midnight CET.